[Campaign-news] Smoke Test

whsu at sfsu.edu whsu at sfsu.edu
Fri Nov 6 13:40:12 PST 2009

Hi Kai,

> Sorry for my late reply.  I have not been well myself the last few days.

Sorry to hear that...

> First, I wanted to ask you if you are fine with me putting your names
> on a poster that I would like to present at BCatS tomorrow.  The title
> is "Using graphics processors for the clustring of biological data
> sets', and it will present the general idea of our clustering library
> and my first speed measurements.

That's fine with me.

> I talked to Tianyun about the FEATURE data set.  The way it looks we
> can merely use that data for speed comparisons, as the actual
> biophysical meaning of the derived clusters is still unclear, i.e. we
> won't be able to tell what is a 'good cluster'.

Right... it's fine for speed comparisons. It's probably not easy to
evaluate the quality of clusters; let's keep talking about this, but
not worry about it too much for now.

> Maybe we could best discuss this when we meet next week.  Will it be at
> Stanford this time?  For me, Tuesday or Friday are generally the best
> days, but I could fit in a meeting on other days as well.

My schedule is relatively flexible. It's fine with me to meet at
Stanford. Marc?

Bill