[Campaign-news] Smoke Test

Marc Sosnick marcsosnick at mac.com
Thu Oct 29 12:11:17 PDT 2009

Kai, Bill:

Before I post to the software repository, I want to have the initial
reorganization of the system completed.  To do this I will be
rewriting all the scripts in PERL and normalizing the deployment
process.

To be in compliance with standard SE practices, we should have some
sort of smoke test against which we can test so that we don't post non-
working code to the library.  I was wondering if either of you had a
good idea as to what that smoke test could entail?  Perhaps a known
dataset and algorithm against which we could test?  Of course, it
would mean that whatever we choose, the result must be deterministic.

I look forward to your ideas...

Thanks!

Marc