[Campaign-news] Thank You!

Marc Sosnick marcsosnick at mac.com
Tue Jan 26 10:21:21 PST 2010

Kai:

It was great seeing you last night.  Thanks for helping me out round
out the presentation at the meeting.  Sorry we didn't have more time
to talk about our next steps during dinner, but it was quite convivial!

As we discussed, I had ideas as to what my next steps should be, and I
just want to get your and Bill's agreement before I start.  These are
in priority order:

1) Now that we have a smoke test against which to test, take the
current code and refactor each clustering method into a proper c++
class, with a .cpp and .cu file.  This would also include scrubbing
the current code of comments and optimizing code (not including
optimizing memory handling) as if we were presenting it to the outside
world.  This would significantly help us work toward our first release
as per Russ' comments last night.
2) Take any new clustering algorithms you  have and put them into the
format that we've created up to now and as in (1).
3) Optimize memory handling and data structures.  This would be done
in tandem with Bill's profiling work.

Let me know about those algorithms you have.  Don't worry about
putting anything in the repository, we can always reorganize the
repository as we see fit, so just go ahead.  Probably the best way
would just to be to create a subdirectory off trunk/dev, put your work
in there, and do an svn add directory_name from the parent directory
of directory_name.

Again, many thanks!

Marc