[Cpms-news] Webinar: How to Ensure Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Model Quality – Introducing the Model Qualification Method

Joy P. Ku joyku at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 27 18:00:12 PST 2018

The Committee on Credible Practice of Modeling & Simulation in Healthcare (CPMS) invite you to join our next webinar, featuring Christina Friedrich, Chief Engineer at Rosa & Co.

DETAILS

Title: How to Ensure Quantitative Systems Pharmacology Model Quality – Introducing the Model Qualification Method
Speaker: Christina Friedrich, Rosa & Co.
Time: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time
Registration: https://stanford.webex.com/stanford/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec5d2acfde7e41ae5b6509f9bf4c35a16

ABSTRACT

Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) modeling considers drug mechanism of action in the context of biological disease mechanisms to improve understanding of human biology and pharmacology. QSP models differ from pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic models in their purpose and data requirements, and there can be significant variability among QSP models in depth and breadth, specific research questions, and available data. Because of these differences, traditional prescriptive model validation approaches are neither appropriate nor sufficient. An alternative approach for ensuring QSP model quality is needed. The Model Qualification Method (MQM) offers a general and customizable framework for ensuring QSP model quality, including consideration of scope and relevance, uncertainty, variability, and comparison to data. This webinar will introduce MQM and present two case studies from Rosa’s practice to illustrate the utility of the method.

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Visit our website for more information and registration. The website also includes links to recordings of past webinars: https://simtk.org/plugins/moinmoin/cpms/Events. CPMS is an initiative of the Interagency Modeling and Analysis Group and Multiscale Modeling Consortium (http://www.imagwiki.nibib.nih.gov<http://www.imagwiki.nibib.nih.gov/>).  Find out more about CPMS, our mission, and past webinars by visiting our website https://simtk.org/projects/cpms.

---
Joy P. Ku, PhD
Project Manager, SimTK<http://simtk.org/>
Director of Communications & Training, NCSRR<http://opensim.stanford.edu/>