[Simbiosnews] Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellow openings with Simbios

Joy P. Ku joyku at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 1 11:51:23 PDT 2010

Simbios has openings for several Simbios Distinguished Postdoctoral
Fellows.  We'd appreciate you forwarding this announcement to those who
might be interested in applying.  Thank you.

Best,

Joy

Joy P. Ku

Director of Dissemination

Simbios, Stanford University

(W) 650.736.8434

(F) 650.723.7461

Email:  joyku at stanford.edu

Website:  http://simbios.stanford.edu

Simbios Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellow

National Center for Biomedical Computation

Stanford University & UCSF

Simbios, the National Center for Physics-Based Simulation of

Biological Structures (http://simbios.stanford.edu
<http://simbios.stanford.edu/> ) has openings for

several Simbios Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships. The

Simbios core team is part of the Bioengineering department located in

the James Clark Center at Stanford University with key collaborators

in the Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at UCSF and the Computer

Science and Neurosciences program at Stanford University. Our

center's mission is to apply physics-based simulation to biological

problems of relevance to human health and disease, and to exchange

methods, models, and data with other researchers, a mission supported

by our growing software infrastructure on simtk.org. Our Driving

Biological Problems include Drug Target Dynamics (at the molecular

scale) and Neuroprosthetic Dynamics (at the macroscale).

We are searching for energetic, outstanding individuals in the area of
physics

based simulation to study the dynamics and function of biological

structures. The ideal candidate will have strong independent research

skills, considerable strength in computational methods, and will make

significant contributions to the Simbios National Center. Applicants

should send a letter containing a statement of interest indicating their

interest in one of the Driving Biological Problems, curriculum vitae,

copies of one or two representative publications, and complete contact

information for three references via electronic mail to

simbiosjobs at stanford.edu. The review of applications will begin

immediately and continue until the positions are filled.