[Simbiosnews] Request for contributors to provide modeling & simulation workflows to share best practices

Joy P. Ku joyku at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 18 09:46:55 PST 2015

The Committee on Credible Practice of Modeling & Simulation in Healthcare<http://wiki.simtk.org/cpms/> (CPMS) is establishing a collection of modeling & simulation workflows that capture best practices.  The Committee believes that this will significantly enhance both credibility and the use of biomedical models for healthcare applications.  They are looking for contributors to this collection of workflows.  Details below.

We seek individuals willing to 1) generate and share an abridged version of his/her modeling workflow (from conception to conclusion or publication starting with one of the two templates provided in the attached folder) and 2) subsequently work with us to improve workflow content, structure, and use.

The attached folder provides two similarly formatted (and linearized) abridged workflows, as well as sketches of three generalized and related M&S workflows adapted from those used by NASA: 1) Model Development and Application, 2) Model Application, and 2) Model Integration. Any of the attached documents can be used as a templates in your contributions.

Also included in the attached folder are [CPMS's Interest in Workflows 17Oct15.docx], which contains reasons for the CPMS Working Group's interest in workflows.

We will also launch an open a forum for how to use and improve workflows.  Until then, we invite you all to join an ongoing workflow forum exchange here: https://simtk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=848&t=6044

We encourage commentary and feedback.

Regards,

Lealem Mulugeta, CPMS Co-Chair  (lealem.mulugeta at gmail.com)
Ahmet Erdemir, CPMS Co-Chair (erdemira at ccf.org)