[Feature-dev] Re: Stanford/SFSU NIH Project - status report

Gurgen Tumanian tumanian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 01:20:04 PDT 2009

Hi all;

Sorry for being late on my status report - I took some time off to travel
around the country.

Since my last status report, I have continued reading on Machine Learning
and Support Vector machines. I was reading the Smola book and so far have
covered Kernels, Risk and Loss Functions and Optimization methods.Also I
have read some on Bayesian Classification and some introductory material on
Neural Networks. I have also read documentation, tutorials and run some
samples of LIBSVM library.

On Feature side, unfortunately, I have not done much, due to this problems
with baseline build compilation. It took me some time to get Red Hat Linux
running on my PC and I will report results very soon.

Regards
Gurgen