[Feature-dev] Test quality metrics and recovery plan

Gurgen Tumanian tumanian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 23:59:09 PDT 2009

Hi Mike.

A small comment from my side.

>>As we continue to eliminate unused code and understand the interactions
between >>classes, we need to finalize the API for each class and then write
tests (i.e. unit ??tests) to test each method.
I think that it is better not to wait for the API to finalize, but to start
writing unit tests now. I think it will be easier to do it now in the
process of refactoring the code, then to do a test-writing-death march
later.

BTW, what do you use for unit tests? Is that still the mini executables that
are in the unit-test dir? I propose to have a look at the existing
unit-testing frameworks and choose the one that suits our tasks best.
CppTest could be one solution.

Regards
Gurgen