[Lowlimbmodel09-news] New model version: 2 Legs and CMC-ready

Edith Arnold emarnold at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 21 11:41:38 PDT 2010

Hi LL2009 Subscribers,

I've added a new version of the lower limb model to the downloads page
and reorganized things a bit. The new model has 2 legs, a torso,
markers, and activation dynamics.  There's also a super-strong version
that will be more CMC-friendly.  The muscles are the same as the
one-leg version, so please use the same citation.  There are still two
options for semimembranosus tendon length, make sure you use the one
best suited to your application if this muscle is included in your
study.

As always, complete details are included in the .osim file under the
<publications> tag and are viewable in the GUI by right clicking the
model name in the navigator and selecting "Info".
Please let me know if you have any questions via email or in the
project forum (https://simtk.org/forum/?group_id=468).

I'm still getting the hang of maintaining a project page, but I think
the organizational changes will make it easier to cleanly update
versions and provide an orderly archive. There should be no changes to
url's for the project pages, but let me know if you've lost track of a
bookmarked page.  I've also updated references and project names to
reflect the fact that this paper presenting this model was published
in print in 2010, even though it was available on the web a few months
earlier.

Best Regards,
Edith Arnold
PhD Candidate