[MDseriesmar2012-news] OpenMM Workshop Reminder: Install Software by Tomorrow (Tues)

Joy P. Ku joyku at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 5 23:42:58 PST 2012

Dear Workshop Participant:

Thanks to those of you who have already installed everything and emailed
us your results!

If you haven't done so yet, please do so by tomorrow, Tuesday (March 6th).
Installing the underlying GPU libraries can be tricky, so we are asking
that you install everything as soon as possible so we have time to help
you, if needed.  Instructions are below.

Again, if you are unable to attend for any reason, please let me know as
soon as possible so that we can accept people from our wait list.

Thank you.  I look forward to meeting you soon!

Best,
Joy

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1.        Install VMD, the molecular visualization tool we will be using
in the workshop.
- Go to  <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd>
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd
- Click on "Download VMD" and select the installation for your platform.

2.       You will need OpenMM 4.0.  Go to  <https://simtk.org/home/openmm>
https://simtk.org/home/openmm.
- Click on "Downloads"
- Download the Documentation file OpenMMApplicationGuide.pdf.  Follow the
instructions in Chapter 2 to set up OpenMM and if applicable, install the
GPU software.
- Verify your installation by running the testInstallation.py program

3.       Email us:  Send the results of running testInstallation.py to
simbiosfeedback at stanford.edu.  If you encounter problems along the way,
you can email us at that same address.

Joy P. Ku, PhD

Director, Simbios

http://simbios.stanford.edu

Director of Communications & Training,

National Center for Simulation in Rehabilitation Research

http://opensim.stanford.edu

(W)  650.736.8434, (F)  650.723.7461

Email:  joyku at stanford.edu