[Mutinf-news] Re: Mutinf Query

Dilraj LAMA dilrajl at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Aug 21 05:56:58 PDT 2012

Dear Chris,
            I am dropping by again. In addition to my previous queries
in the mails before, I have some more questions. I am sure you are
very busy with your work. So I am sorry to bother you with these emails.

I am currently trying to analyze the trajectories using the
kullback-leiber divergence expansion. I have been able to successfully
run the script. I used the following command for execution.

python2.6 $PATH/mutinf_2.1_with_new_kl_diverge_script/kl_diverge.py -a
"no" -n 6 -o 6 -w 30 -f structure.pdb -b "phipsichi" $PATH1 $PATH2 -d/
residue_apo.reslist residue_complex.reslist > temp

A set of out files are generated and I will be extremely grateful if
you can kindly guide me forward. I have listed my queries below.

1) First of all, I used the script "kl_diverge.py" that you had
attached in one of your previous mail since you mentioned that, this
is the only change that you have made since mutinf ver 2.1. Is this
correct?

2)  There is no specific description on the information content for
the output files. So which of these output files should I concentrate
on in order to get a quick idea of the analysis?

3)In the link
"http://www.jacobsonlab.org/mutinf_manual/KLdiv_manual.htm", it is
mentioned that we can generate pdb files using the
"replace_res_bfac_mut.pl" script. For doing this an example is given
as follows

replace_res_bfac_mut.pl <pdbfile> <*kldiv_res.txt or *jsdiv_res.txt
file> <residue having mutation, if applicable É. GLY00 is the defult>

In the output files, I don't see any file which ends with the
extension "kldiv_res.txt"

Is there anything I am missing here?

I am sure you are busy and occupied with you work. I will however be
extremely great full if you can guide me with these queries.

Thank You,
Dilraj.