[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim News: Software Release, Webinars, and Workshops

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Tue Apr 12 08:58:10 PDT 2011

Dear OpenSim Users,

We have several exciting announcements and upcoming events to share with
you.

*Release of OpenSim 2.2.1
*OpenSim version 2.2.1 is now available for download. The new version
contains enhancements to the user interface to show the XML representation
of available objects, the ability to set bounds on activations of muscles
and various actuators when solving static optimization, and updates to the
Joint Reaction analysis.  The release includes example setup files to run
Static Optimization and Joint Reaction analyses.

The release is available on the downloads page of the OpenSim project
website:
https://simtk.org/home/opensim.

*Upcoming Webinars*
We have several upcoming webinars that we encourage you to attend:

May 11, 2011 at 9:00 am PST
June 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm PST
Estimating Joint Loads in OpenSim, Matt DeMers
This webinar will be broadcast twice so that we can reach researchers around
the world.  More information and registration is available on the following
page:
http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/webinars.html

This page has links to recordings of past webinars and a summary of
questions and answers from earlier broadcasts.  We will also post updates to
the webinar series schedule on the page.

*Workshops and Tutorials*
The OpenSim team is planning several workshops and tutorials in the coming
months:

June 30, 2011
OpenSim and NMS Physiome Workshop
ISB Technical Group on Computer Simulation
More information and registration details can be found here:
http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/event_details.html?id=3&title=OpenSim-and-NMS-Physiome-Workshop

August 15-17, 2011
OpenSim Workshop at Stanford University
Mark your calendars and watch the website for more information in the coming
months.

October 12-15, 2011
Simulation of Human Movement and Gait Pathology - An Introduction to OpenSim
for the Clinician
Two Hour Instructional Course at the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and
Developmental Medicine Annual Meeting (Exact Date and Time TBD)
General meeting information can be found here:
http://www.aacpdm.org/meetings/2011/

Finally, last month we held a 3-day Advanced User and Developer Workshop on
the Stanford University campus.  Check out the following page for a quick
summary of the workshop and an album of pictures:
http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/workshops.html

Best Wishes,
Jennifer Hicks

--