[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim News: Workshops, Pilot Projects, and Other Upcoming Events

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Fri Jul 1 02:07:54 PDT 2011

 *Dear OpenSim Users,

We have several announcements and upcoming events to share with you.
*
*
*
*Workshops*
The OpenSim team is planning several upcoming workshops.  Just added is a
hands-on workshop and demo with the NMS Physiome team at the International
Society of Biomechanics Congress in Brussels.  We have also posted
application materials for the August Advanced User and Developer Workshop on
the Stanford campus.  See below for more information.

*July 6, 2011, 3:45 to 5:45 pm*
NMS Physiome Workshop
International Society of Biomechanics Conference, Brussels, Belgium
More information is available at the following site:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=21&title=HandsOn-Demo-with-the-NMS-Physiome-Team-at-ISB

*August 15-17, 2011*
OpenSim Advanced User and Developer Workshop
Stanford University
An application form and more information is available at the following site:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=15&title=OpenSim-Advanced-User-and-Developer-Workshop

*October 15, 2011, 8:30 to 10:30 am*
Simulation of Human Movement and Gait Pathology - An Introduction to
OpenSim for
the Clinician
Two Hour Instructional Course at the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and
Developmental Medicine Annual Meeting
General meeting information can be found here:
http://www.aacpdm.org/meetings/2011/

*NCSRR Pilot Projects*
We recently announced a call for proposals to the NCSRR Pilot Project
Program.  *The program awards seed grants to innovative and meritorious
projects that will accelerate the use of simulation in rehabilitation
research.  Our intent is to engage rehabilitation research experts to
demonstrate the use of biomechanical simulations in novel areas and to help
enhance the OpenSim software for rehabilitation science. *Pilot project
awardees may request funding (up to $25,000) for their research or access to
additional NCSRR resources (e.g., software engineering support).