[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim Postdoctoral Fellowship at Stanford University

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Thu Apr 12 10:12:15 PDT 2012

We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow with computational expertise to
join the OpenSim team at Stanford. Our review of applicants will start
immediately. See the full announcement below. We encourage all qualified
applicants to apply. Please also forward to any colleagues that you think
would be a great fit.

Best wishes,
Jen

-------------------

*OpenSim Postdoctoral Fellowship at Stanford University*
The OpenSim project at Stanford University, led by Scott Delp, is now
accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow. OpenSim (
http://opensim.stanford.edu) is a freely available, user extensible
software system that is used by researchers around the world to develop
models of musculoskeletal structures and create dynamic simulations of
movement. OpenSim is supported by the National Center for Simulation in
Rehabilitation Research (http://opensim.stanford.edu/about/index.html) and
Simbios, the NIH National Center for Simulation of Biological Structures (
http://simbios.stanford.edu).

We are searching for an outstanding individual to study
musculoskeletal dynamics and develop new methods to simulate and analyze
human movement. The candidate must have strong research skills, experience
in development of computational methods, and excellent computer programming
ability. Prior experience with OpenSim and a background in biomechanics,
software engineering, controls, metabolics, and/or design of prosthetics
are also desirable.

Applicants should send a letter indicating their interest and experience,
curriculum vitae, copies of two representative publications, and contact
information for three references via electronic mail to opensim at stanford.edu.
Applicants may also send links to software or simulations that they have
developed. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled.

--
Jennifer L. Hicks, Ph.D.
jenhicks at stanford.edu