[Opensim-announcement] NCSRR Pilot Project Award Winners and Upcoming OpenSim Events

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Wed Dec 11 10:15:00 PST 2013

We are pleased to announce our Pilot Project Program Awardees for 2014. We
also have news on several upcoming events and programs.

*Pilot Project Awards*
We got an outstanding response to our call for proposals this year. Given
the high caliber of the applicant pool, we carefully reviewed the
applications with the NCSRR Scientific Advisory Board.

We selected two projects for Pilot Awards:

   - Frank Sup, University of Massachusetts, Amherst. An improved
   musculoskeletal model of below-knee amputees to aid in prosthetic design
   - Katherine Steele, University of Washington. Evaluating the theoretical
   and functional impacts of a synergy-based control strategy using OpenSim

We also granted a dozen Outstanding Researcher Awards and Travel Awards,
which include funds to attend an OpenSim workshop.

   - Outstanding Researcher Award Winners: Dennis Anderson, Ray Browning,
   Dominic Farris, Bradley Davidson, Jill Higginson
   - Travel Award Winners: Ajit Chaudhari, Carrie Peterson, Stacie Ringleb,
   Ricardo Matias, Gina Bertocci, Nils Hakansson, Thomas Sugar

See the full list of 2014 Pilot Project Program
Awardees<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/pilot.html#Awardees>
on
our website. Congratulations to all the winners!

*Upcoming OpenSim 3.2 Software Release*
We've started preparing for our next release of OpenSim, which includes
more scripting capabilities and examples, GUI usability enhancements, and
several performance and bug fixes. Sign up to become a beta tester and get
early access <https://simtk.org/mailman/listinfo/opensim-testers>.

*OpenSim Webinar Series*
Our webinar series will resume in January. Until then, you can check out
any of the recordings you missed on the OpenSim YouTube
Channel<http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGBiefGDmSuR5NbZFuGOrjnTBx--H-H3C>
.

*Coming Soon: Visiting Scholars and March Workshop Applications*
Within the next week or two, we will post application materials for the
2014 NCSRR Visiting Scholars
Program<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/scholars.html>and
the March 2014 Advanced User Workshop. Keep an eye out for news in
your
inbox and on our website.

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*