[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim Visiting Scholars and Pilot Project Programs

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Thu Jan 10 13:31:29 PST 2013

We are pleased to announce our Pilot Project Program Awardees for 2013.
We'd also like to remind and encourage researchers to apply for the 2013
Visiting Scholars Program. Read more about each program below.

*Pilot Project Awards*
We got an outstanding response to our call for proposals this year. Given
the high caliber of the applicant pool, we carefully reviewed the
applications among our internal team and with the NCSRR Scientific Advisory
Board.

We selected two projects for Pilot Awards:

   - Sensory Components for Simulating Postural Feedback Control in
   OpenSim, submitted by Ian Stavness
   - A model for spasticity and contracture in OpenSim: refinement,
   validation, and dissemination, submitted by Marjolein van der Krogt

We also granted a dozen Outstanding Researcher Awards, which includes
travel funds to attend an OpenSim workshop. See the full list of 2013 Pilot
Project Program
Awardees<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/pilot.html#Awardees>
on
our website.

*Apply for the 2013 Visiting Scholars Program*
We are now accepting applications for the 2013 Visiting Scholars Program.
The program is a unique 10-week experience on the Stanford campus that
fosters expertise and collaborations in biomechanical simulations for
rehabilitation research. Applications are due on January 25, 2013. You can
find out more about the program and download the application materials on
our website:
Learn More and Apply <http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/scholars.html>

Best wishes,
Jen Hicks