[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim Project News, Events, and Ways to Get Involved

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Thu Mar 21 09:29:43 PDT 2013

OpenSim Community -

We have lots of news and upcoming events to share, as well as ways for you
to get involved with the OpenSim project:

*Join the OpenSim Team at Stanford as a Biomechanics Research Assistant*
We are looking for a research assistant with a BS or MS and OpenSim
experience to:

   - Help create educational materials, including videos, software
   examples, and online training manuals
   - Conduct software testing and usability assessment
   - Assist with OpenSim outreach and community building activities

Read the full job listing and apply here <http://stanford.io/1480QhG>.

*OpenSim Project Charts a Software and Community Roadmap*
The reception to OpenSim 3.0 has been great, with nearly 2000 downloads so
far. Our team just held an extensive round of planning to shape the next
release, incorporating all the feedback we've gotten from the OpenSim
community. Check out the OpenSim Project
Roadmap<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/OpenSim+Project+Roadmap>
which
summarizes our plans.

We encourage you to send us feedback on the roadmap! Are we hitting key
user needs? Are we missing any big opportunities? How else can we encourage
community engagement?

*2012 Visting Scholar Andrew Anderson Awarded NIH R21*
We are pleased to announce that past NCSRR Visiting
Scholar<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/scholars.html>
, Andrew Anderson<http://medicine.utah.edu/orthopaedics/physicians/faculty/anderson.htm>,
has recently been awarded an R21 grant from the National Institutes of
Health for his project, "Musculoskeletal and Finite Element Modeling of
Femoroacetabular Impingement." The project builds on his work with OpenSim
as a scholar.

*Download Our Muscle Model Review Paper and Benchmark Simulations*
Matthew Millard and colleagues have published a paper reviewing the new
muscle models in OpenSim. You can download their paper and the benchmark
simulations from their Simtk Project Page<https://simtk.org/home/opensim_muscle>
.

*Participate in Upcoming Events*
We have several events coming up in the next few months:

   - April 3 - OpenSim Workshop at
CMBBE<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=59&title=OpenSim-Workshop-at-CMBBE>
   - June 10 - OpenSim Tutorial at the Dynamic Walking
Conference<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=61&title=OpenSim-Tutorial-at-Dynamic-Walking-Conference>

*Webinar Series to Start Again Soon*
Stay tuned for the return of the webinar series this spring. Email me if
you're interested in giving a webinar. It's a great opportunity to get
exposure for your research. Please include a potential topic.

Best wishes,
Jen

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*