[Opensim-announcement] Request for Letters of Support - link to template

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Mon Oct 21 15:12:30 PDT 2013

OpenSim Friends -

In case you did not receive the template for the letter of support I have pasted it below, and you can find it at the following link.

http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/support_letter.html

Thanks so much for your help.

Best wishes - Scott

------Template for letter----
Scott Delp, Ph.D.
Professor of Bioengineering
Stanford University
Schools of Medicine & Engineering
Stanford CA 94305-5444

Dear Scott:

[Introduction to express support for the proposal to create a National Center for Mobility Data Integration and Insight (Mobilize) from Stanford University in response to the NIH BD2K initiative.]

[Describe your own research, citing any supporting grants as appropriate.  Include a brief statement of how you have used OpenSim in your work]

[Describe the amount and type of data you currently have that you would be willing to contribute to a common knowledgebase. For example, what type of subjects have you analyzed and how many subjects are available? Please note that we will welcome participants to keep data private pending publication and will also create a consortium agreement to set guidelines for data sharing in the community.]

[Describe how the Mobilize Center’s knowledgebase of motion and simulation data, plus the associated set of modeling, simulation, data mining, and analysis tools would change your research. What additional kinds of questions could you ask? If appropriate, indicate the fate of the data you currently collect (e.g. Does it remain isolated on computers in your lab? How will tools for data standardization, de-identification, and automatic database creation facilitate research?)]

[Describe your experiences working with the OpenSim team and why we are qualified to run a big data to knowledge center for mobility and rehabilitation research. As appropriate, include any relevant research qualifications or past work of individuals* participating in the grant, our software development capabilities, our understanding of “customer” needs, and our training and dissemination background (e.g., offering webinars, on-line tutorials, forums for help, visiting scholar opportunities). Describe how you may have benefitted from any of these in preparing grant applications, publications, theses, etc.]

[Conclusions and any stories you would like to tell]

 Sincerely,