[Opensim-announcement] Webinar Next Week, Simtk.org Updates, and World Congress Recap

opensim-announcement at simtk.org opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Tue Jul 15 11:31:33 PDT 2014

*Participate in the Next OpenSim Webinar*
Simulating Sit to Stand - Biomechanical Insights and Practical Tips
Rob Siston and Elena Caruthers, Ohio State University
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time
Read more and register
<http://web.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=107&title=OpenSim-Webinar-Simulating-Sit-to-Stand-Biomechanical-Insights-and-Practical-Tips>

*Missed a webinar? You can also watch past webinar recordings
<http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGBiefGDmSuR5NbZFuGOrjnTBx--H-H3C>.*

*Use Simtk.org to Find New Projects and Collaborators*
We've recently rolled out several improvements to Simtk.org to help you
find related projects and users with similar interests. You may have
already seen and tried out the list of similar projects on each Simtk.org
project page (i.e., "People who viewed this project also viewed ..."). We
also just launched a "Follow" button for all projects. You can review the
list of project followers to identify potential collaborators or members
for a local users group. If you have ideas on how to improve these features
or other requests let us know <webmaster at simtk.org>!

*OpenSim at the World Congress of Biomechanics*
The OpenSim project had a very strong showing at the World Congress of
Biomechanics in Boston last week. It was a pleasure to see many of you and
hear a host of great talks featuring OpenSim--at the OpenSim Showcase
Session and beyond. "OpenSim is everywhere" was a common refrain. If you
missed the event, stay tuned to our webinar series. We plan to bring in
several World Congress speakers in the coming months.

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*
Associate Director | NCSRR
650-498-4403 | jenhicks at stanford.edu