[Opensim-announcement] Virtual Workshop Applications Due Friday

Jennifer Hicks jenhicks at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 20 10:53:41 PDT 2016

*Apply for the Next Virtual Workshop for Advanced OpenSim Users*
*October 24 -28, 2016*

*Applications Due September 23*Building on the success of our first virtual
workshop this spring, we are pleased to announce the next event will take
place over the course of one week in October. The goal of the workshop is
to accelerate the research projects of OpenSim community members.
Participants will work on their projects, with support and advice from the
Stanford University OpenSim team and each other. The event will span one
week, including two video conference meetings, along with daily chat forum
support. It is expected that participants have already begun to use OpenSim
for their project. Teams of applicants are highly encouraged. Learn more
and apply
<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/event_details.html?id=165&title=Virtual-Workshop-for-Advanced-OpenSim-Users>
.

*OpenSim Part of Course on Open Source Tools for Biomechanics*
Last week the OpenSim team, led by Chris Dembia of Stanford University,
participated in a one-day course
<http://ieeeboston.org/open-source-tools-computational-biomechanics/> on
open-source software for biomechanics, organized by Kevin Moerman at the
MIT Media Lab. Approximately 25 individuals attended and gained hands-on
experience with the OpenSim application and MATLAB scripting interface. You
can download the slides here
<http://stanford.edu/~dembia/IEEEBostonCourseOpenSimSlides.pdf>. Attendees
also learned how to use FEBio <http://febio.org/> and GIBBON
<http://www.gibboncode.org/>. A number of attendees were interested in
combining OpenSim with finite element analyses.

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*
Director of Data Science | Mobilize Center <http://mobilize.stanford.edu>
650-498-4403 | jenhicks at stanford.edu