[Opensim-announcement] Workshop at ISB TGCS, Documentation Updates, and New Fellow

Jennifer Hicks jenhicks at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 16 10:58:47 PDT 2017

*OpenSim Workshop at ISB TGCS Symposium in Australia*
*Workshop to be held on July 20, 2017*
*Symposium Abstracts due March 31, 2017 (recently extended) *
In this workshop, the OpenSim team will use a hands-on example to introduce
the new features of OpenSim 4.0 that make scripting in MATLAB more powerful
and user-friendly. The workshop will take place at the International
Society of Biomechanics Technical Group on Simulation Symposium. It will
last three hours and is designed for those who are familiar with both
OpenSim and MATLAB. We encourage you to submit an abstract
<http://isbweb.org/~tgcs/iscsb-2017/index.html> to the symposium and join
us at TGCS on the Gold Coast of Australia.

*Try out the re-designed OpenSim documentation site*
We have overhauled the OpenSim documentation
<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/OpenSim+Documentation>
site
to make it easier to navigate and find information. On this new site,
resources have been organized in six categories. For example, in the
Getting Started category you will find information about downloading and
installing OpenSim; in the Documentation category, you will find the
OpenSim User's Guide. On the left side of the site, we have added a Quick
Links area where you can find links to popular OpenSim documentation pages.
There is also an easily accessible search area. We welcome your feedback
and ideas to continue improving the documentation. Please email us your
input at any time.

*John Hutchinson Becomes Newest OpenSim Fellow*
Congratulations to John Hutchinson on becoming the newest OpenSim Fellow.
Dr. Hutchinson is a Professor of Evolutionary Biomechanics at the Royal
Veterinary College, University of London. He is an expert on modeling and
simulation of musculoskeletal form and function in animals and an advocate
for open data and reproducibility. This honor from the National Center for
Simulation in Rehabilitation Research (NCSRR) recognizes a strong
commitment to the OpenSim community and a deep expertise in biomechanical
modeling and simulation. Read more about the current fellows
<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/OpenSim+Fellows>
 and learn how to apply
<http://web.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/fellows.html>.

--