[Opensim-announcement] OpenSim Workshop Livestream, WCB Activities, and more

Joy P. Ku joyku at stanford.edu
Thu May 24 17:47:07 PDT 2018

Tune into the OpenSim Workshop on Human-Robot Interaction

8:30am CDT Friday, May 25, 2018

Join members of the OpenSim team at the Dynamic Walking Conference for an interactive tutorial on using OpenSim to model and simulate human-robot interaction. View the workshop and other talks at the conference via the livestream link<http://ow.ly/Wf1S30k7Wj8>. The full schedule can be found here<http://ow.ly/bO4o30k7WkP>.

Share Your Research at World Congress of Biomechanics (WCB) Exhibit Booth

Forms<https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2t8b3j7KOC9farr> are due on Monday, May 28, 2018

This year the OpenSim team is hosting an exhibit booth at WCB, and we are asking for your contributions to make it a success. If you are presenting a talk or poster at WCB, have a movie or demo to share, or could help lead a meet-up, please fill out this form<https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2t8b3j7KOC9farr> by Monday, May 28th.

2018 NCSRR Visiting Scholars Announced

The NCSRR will host its eighth round of Visiting Scholars this summer. The program is a unique experience that fosters expertise and collaborations in biomechanical simulations for rehabilitation research. We've selected five exceptional candidates from a highly competitive pool of applicants. Congratulations to our 2018 Scholars: Michael Asmussen, Simon M. Danner, Suzanne Cox, Jayishni Maharaj, and Lance Rane. Read more about the scholars and their projects<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/scholars.html>.

Wide-Range of Research at Recent Advanced User Workshop

The NCSRR hosted 26 individuals from around the world at our Advanced User Workshop from March 28-30, 2018. During the three-day event, individuals worked closely with the NCSRR staff to advance their projects on a wide-range of topics, including analysis of dynamic function in adult spinal deformity; simulating the impact of glenohumeral joint loading and muscle compensation on rotator cuff tear severity; and personalizing exoskeleton controller design for assisted walking. Learn more about these and other workshop projects<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19ifuyvCdZp4IzvCoUPcEwNKbr4FfAivPMfPplj_0aCM/edit#slide=id.g36031fdf5c_0_0>.

Intermediate OpenSim Tutorials Now Available in Japanese

You can now access the intermediate-level OpenSim tutorials and examples in Japanese, thanks to Shinya Ogaya from the Saitama Prefectural University. View translated tutorials here.<https://sites.google.com/site/shinyaogaya/OpenSim>

---
Joy P. Ku, PhD
Project Manager, SimTK<http://simtk.org/>
Director of Communications & Training, NCSRR<http://opensim.stanford.edu/>