[Opensim-announcement] Webinar on OpenSim + Finite Element Models to Study Bone Structure and Adaptation, OpenSim 4.0 Resources, plus more

Joy P. Ku joyku at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 29 09:42:04 PST 2018

Webinar: "Interfacing Musculoskeletal and Finite Element Models to Study Bone Structure and Adaptation"
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 10:00am Pacific Standard Time
Finite element modeling and rigid body modeling, such as that provided by OpenSim, are two common approaches for gaining insights into the musculoskeletal system. In this webinar, Luca Modenese and Andrew Phillips from Imperial College London will discuss when it is beneficial to integrate the two and share methodological solutions they have developed for doing so. Learn more and register<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/event_details.php?id=212&title=Webinar-Interfacing-Musculoskeletal-and-Finite-Element-Models-to-Study-Bone-Structure-and-Adaptation>

Learn about OpenSim 4.0 and Download the Software
In case you missed our webinar introducing OpenSim 4.0, we have made a recording of it<https://youtu.be/UiPru9BEudU> available for viewing. The slides <http://opensim.stanford.edu/downloads/OpenSim_40_Webinar_Share.pdf> and responses to questions from the Q&A<http://opensim.stanford.edu/downloads/OpenSim_4.0_Webinar_Q&A.pdf> are also available. To learn more about OpenSim 4.0, check out:

*        Our PLOS Computational Biology Paper<https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1006223>

*        Our on-line documentation<https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8443/display/OpenSim/OpenSim+Documentation>, including examples and tutorials, as well as information about the new features in OpenSim 4.0 and how to upgrade<https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8443/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=28409888>
OpenSim 4.0 is freely available for download<https://simtk.org/frs/?group_id=91>. Visit our user's forum<https://simtk.org/plugins/phpBB/indexPhpbb.php?f=91> to review and ask questions on topics not covered by these resources.

17th International Symposium on Computer Simulation in Biomechanics
July 28-30, 2019
Canmore, Alberta, Canada
Headed to the XXVII Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics (ISB) in Calgary next year? Get there a few days earlier and participate in the International Symposium on Computer Simulation in Biomechanics. This event, organized by the Technical Group on Computer Simulation (TGCS), is an excellent venue for networking with other OpenSim users. Wendy Murray, Professor of Biomedical Engineering from Northwestern University, and Ilse Jonkers, Professor of Movement Sciences from KU Leuven, Belgium, are the keynote speakers. Abstracts are being accepted until Feb. 15, 2019. Learn more<https://isbweb.org/~tgcs/iscsb-2019/canmore.html>

---
Joy P. Ku, PhD
Project Manager, SimTK<http://simtk.org/>
Director of Communications & Training, NCSRR<http://opensim.stanford.edu/>