[Opensim-announcement] Pilot Project Updates, New Resources, and New OpenSim Fellow

Jen Hicks jenhicks at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 11 09:49:06 PDT 2020

*Updated Eligibility Criteria for Restore Center Pilot Project Applications*
The Restore Center <http://restore.stanford.edu/> at Stanford University
seeks proposals for innovative and meritorious projects that will
accelerate the use of sensor and video technology in rehabilitation
research and will advance real-world monitoring and delivery of medical
rehabilitation for individuals with impaired movement. Applicants can
request up to $30,000 in funding. Applications are due on October 1, 2020.
The eligibility criteria for applying to this program has recently been
changed based on guidance from the NIH. Among other changes, the program is
now limited to individuals from U.S. institutions. Read more and learn
about other changes <https://restore.stanford.edu/pilot-funding>.

*New Resource to Guide the Use of OpenSim in Research*
As the capabilities of OpenSim have expanded and the interests of the
research community have broadened, we know that it can be challenging to
decide what OpenSim workflow is most appropriate for a given research
question. In response, we have recently updated our documentation to better
describe the different pipelines and tools for simulation available in
OpenSim. You can read this Overview of OpenSim Workflows
<https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/display/OpenSim/Overview+of+OpenSim+Workflows>
and
also watch the accompanying webinar
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0gfkm5_Rps&feature=youtu.be>.

*Gil Serrancolí Masferrer Becomes Newest OpenSim Fellow*
Congratulations to Dr. Serrancolí on becoming the newest OpenSim Fellow.
Dr. Serrancolí is an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. He is an expert on knee modeling and
optimization approaches for musculoskeletal simulation. This honor
recognizes a strong commitment to the OpenSim community and a deep
expertise in biomechanical modeling and simulation. Read more about the
current fellows
<https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/display/OpenSim/OpenSim+Fellows>
and learn
how to apply <https://opensim.stanford.edu/support/fellows.html>.