[Opensim-testers] OpenSim install on mac osx

guillaume rao guillaume.rao at univmed.fr
Thu Apr 22 04:47:15 PDT 2010

Hi Ayman,
here are the installation steps I followed under mac osx 10.6.3 to solve the "bus error" message I got:

- Open a terminal and type open .profile

- If the file opens, just followed the instructions in the manual

- if you get an error message saying that the file does not exist, you have to create it.
- open a text editor and copy paste the lines below (assuming that you install OpenSim under /Developer/OpenSIm202/) :

# shell variables
PS1="\n$PS1 "
PS2=": "

# environment variables
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Developer/OpenSim202/sdk/lib/

# the path is initially set to "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/mysql/bin
export PATH=$PATH:/Developer/OpenSim202/bin/

# aliases

- save the file with .profile as name, under your user directory
- restart the terminal, OpenSim should now work...

Hope that helps

Guillaume