[Opensim-testers] Invitation: OpenSim Online Support Site Beta Testing

Jennifer Hicks jenhicks at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 7 10:38:24 PST 2012

As an active member of our OpenSim community, we need your help with
testing the beta version of our new OpenSim support site:
http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/support_index_test.html

As a beta-tester, you will be the first to have access to the new support
site, which features:
- An integrated, searchable online portal to all OpenSim support resources
- An online wiki-based version of the user's guide, developer's guide, and
other support materials that is linked and easy to navigate
- Lots of new materials, including a central examples/tutorial page, a
modeling and simulation best practices prototype, teaching materials, FAQs,
and a guide for how to contribute to the OpenSim project

Please test out our new site and let us know what you think. You can fill
out the short survey below or send comments to me by email. We would
appreciate your feedback by Friday March 23.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGdEQ1NNYUVUbnpvMmJMZWs0RXpfYlE6MQ#gid=0

We also encourage you to start using the new support site for your OpenSim
research and activities!

A couple additional details:
- Note that in addition to the online support site, PDFs of our user guide,
developer's guide, and tutorials will still be available to allow printing
and offline access.
- You will be able to browse/view all of the materials without logging in.
If you'd like to post comments on the wiki-based documentation, you will
need to create an account and log-in:
http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/signup.action
- If you also want to help out by adding to and improving the wiki-based
documentation, please let me know.

Thanks!
Jen

--