[Opensim-testers] OpenSim 3.0 Beta is Ready for Testing
jenhicks at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 21 09:07:05 PDT 2012
OpenSim Beta Testers -
We need your help! OpenSim 3.0 has gone through several rounds of internal
beta testing, but now we need you to help us uncover any additional bugs or
issues missed. Version 3.0 has many new features, including scripting, live
editing, and new muscles, so there is lots of new functionality that we
need you to try out. We'd also like you to push the software by testing out
your own workflows. We hope to get the software out within about a week, so
please help us test as soon as you can.
You can find the download here (bottom of the page):
The download page also has a link to a google doc with instructions, tasks
to test, and a sheet for reporting bugs:
Instructions and notes:
1) If you're an API or plugin user, we've created a VC8 and VC10 version.
If you're not an API or plugin user, either installer is fine to use.
2) Once you download and install, go to the testing task google doc. It has
several "sheets", which you can navigate through by clicking on the links
at the bottom of the page.
3) Read the instructions (first sheet).
4) Add your name to the registration sheet (second sheet)
5) Pick some tasks and start testing. Some tasks use files not included
with the distribution. You'll find these in the zip file below the beta
6) You can also test your own workflows. If you find bugs, let us know.
Please provide full details to replicate the bug, and email us any
Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks for your help!
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*
Associate Director |
R&D Manager | OpenSim <http://opensim.stanford.edu/>
650-498-4403 | jenhicks at stanford.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Opensim-testers