[Population Modeling] "Consumer Education Strategy

John Rice - SSiH johnrice.ssih_off at noboxes.org
Tue Aug 25 06:02:14 PDT 2015

IMAG MSM POPMOD Discussion topic idea.

"Consumer" education.

The work culture of clinical practitioners is highly effected by their reliance (faith) in  "the scientific method" as their source of knowledge.   They themselves are rarely "scientists".   If computational modeling" is "the third science" as some suggests, and it is expected to produce new medical knowledge, the clinicians of the near future will have to be prepared to accept it on faith as there teachers accept the output of observation and experimentation science.

I suggest it is not to early and maybe getting late in the timeline to systemically work on a strategy for eventually having consumers ready to accept the  product of computational modeling.

John Rice

Typed with two thumbs on my iPhone.  (757) 318-0671

The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, ,,, He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing."
James A. Michener (1907 – 1997)