[Population Modeling] Our paper for SpringSim returned from review - we need to act

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:10:02 PST 2015

Hi All, yet especially our SpringSim paper authors,

Those of you that joined the group before 9-Jan may recall that we took the
correspondence in this group and formed it into a paper that was submitted
to SpringSim. Here is the paper draft submitted:

https://simtk.org/docman/view.php/962/1886/PopModExample_Submit_2015_01_09.doc

To be clear, if you introduced yourself to the group and sent references
before 9-Jan and unless you specified otherwise you are an author in the
paper.

The Work in Progress (WIP) editor Gregory Zacharewicz has responded to our
submission. Here are his comments:

###### Relevant Response Text #######

On behalf of the SpringWIP 2015 WIP Program Committee, your paper seems
promising and can have the potential to appear as Work in Progress at the
conference:

     Population Modeling by Examples

Nevertheless it does not respect some of the following format constraints:

1. Title must have the mention "(WIP)"
2. Check the paper format according to the author kit
   http://www.scs.org/documents/2014%20New%20Author%20Kit.zip
3. Respect the 6 pages limitation

###### End of relevant Response Text #######

Here are 3 possible actions we can take as a group:

1. Shorten text of each contributor to be of limited size. This seems the
default solution and I can take care of it with your permission.

2. Transfer the last few contributors to a new paper that will be submitted
to SummerSim with new contributions collected after January 9th. We can
quickly assemble such a paper to include our new members - we grew by 50%
since then.

3. Decide on another publication venue that will allow a longer paper, i.e.
journal, conference, book, web site, etc. - If you have ideas, please
suggest.

At this point, I would like to know what the group thinks. I would ask
paper contributors to briefly respond to the list before Monday February
22.

Also, if you plan to attend SpringSim in April in Virginia please let me
know. I would appreciate help in presentation.

             Jacob