[Population Modeling] What do you think about "A Better Way to Find Patient Zero"?

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:50:47 PDT 2015

Hello to all the infectious disease modelers in the list,

Here is a nice short article by Nathan Collins titled:

A Better Way to Find Patient Zero
Computer simulations and a little math could help narrow the search for an
outbreak's origins.

Here is a link to this recent article:
http://www.psmag.com/nature-and-technology/a-better-way-to-find-patient-zero

The article mentions work by Nino Antulov-Fantulin. You will see some
publications on this topic in this web page:
https://sites.google.com/site/ninoantulovfantulin/publications

I would be interested to know what do infectious disease modelers in this
group think of this in the context of population modeling.

Thanks to Richard Severinghaus from the NMSC who sent me this.

                  Jacob