[Population Modeling] Introduction

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:21:18 PDT 2015

Thanks Roger,

This is truly very interesting and highly relevant to the discussion.

Here are references and links to the papers you mentioned so the rest of
the list can access them:

1. VIRGINIA TORCZON.  ON THE CONVERGENCE OF THE MULTIDIRECTIONAL SEARCH
ALGORITHM.  SIAM J. OPTIMIZATION
Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 123-145, February 1991
http://epubs.siam.org/doi/abs/10.1137/0801010

2. VIRGINIA TORCZON.  ON THE CONVERGENCE OF PATTERN SEARCH ALGORITHMS.
SIAM J. OPTIM. c 1997 Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1–25, February 1997
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=589066

3. Virginia Torczon. Multi-Directional Search: A Direct Search Algorithm
for Parallel Machines . Ph.D. thesis, Department of Mathematical Sciences,
Rice University, Houston, Texas, May, 1989. Also available as Technical
Report 90-07
http://www.caam.rice.edu/caam/trs/90/TR90-07.pdf

You can find in formation on the author and many more publications in:

http://www.cs.wm.edu/~va/research/

Hopefully this will help others in this group.

         Jacob