[Population Modeling] Request from the Committee on Credible Practice of Modeling & Simulation in Healthcare

Hunt, C. Anthony a.hunt at ucsf.edu
Sat Oct 24 13:58:38 PDT 2015

Population Modeling Working Group Leads, Madhav Marathe, Sergey Nuzhdin, Alison Galvani, and Group members:

We need your help advancing an important Committee on Credible Practice of Modeling & Simulation in Healthcare (CPMS) activity, which we believe will prove useful to the Population Modeling Working Group and the MSM Consortium.

We seek 2–4 Working Group volunteers willing to 1) generate and share an abridged version of his/her modeling workflow (from conception to conclusion or publication starting with one of the two templates provided in the attached folder) and 2) subsequently work with us to improve workflow content, structure, and use.

The attached folder provides two similarly formatted (and linearized) abridged workflows.  The modeling methods selected and used are very different.  Either document can be used as a template.

Also included in the attached folder are [CPMS's Interest in Workflows 17Oct15.docx], which contains reasons for the CPMS Working Group’s interest in workflows, and sketches of three workflows developed and used at NASA by Lealem Mulugeta: 1) Model Development and Application, 2) Model Application, and 2) Model Integration.

We will post abridged workflow documents at https://simtk.org/home/cpms and open a forum for how to use and improve workflows.  You are welcome to join an ongoing workflow forum exchange here: https://simtk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=848&t=6044
We encourage commentary and feedback.

Regards,
Anthony (Tony) Hunt, CPMS Scientific Advisory Council Member
Ahmet Erdemir, CPMS Co-Chair
Lealem Mulugeta, CPMS Co-Chair