[Population Modeling] Sharing Models, SBML, PharmML and DDMoRe

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:49:11 PDT 2015

Hello to all modelers interested in interaction with others,

Another interesting IMAG working groups is the model and Data Sharing Group:

http://www.imagwiki.nibib.nih.gov/content/model-and-data-sharing-working-group

Herbert Sauro, one of the leads of this working group was describing the
SBML language that helps sharing models. He gives many examples of
applications that use SBML in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zc5xKcAv-wA

I went on the SBML mailing list to see if SBML can help with sharing
disease models. Here is a link to the discussion thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sbml-discuss/PB_nMzqswIQ

As part of the discussion, I got several links to a group called DDMoRe
that develops an exchange format called PharmML:

http://www.pharmml.org/tools

All those links may be helpful to some population modelers. I wonder if
anyone in this group has knowledge of these efforts and can tell us more
from personal experience and more about the group.

I welcome an open discussion.

               Jacob