[Population Modeling] Planning Time Sensitive OPPORTUNITY

John Rice john.rice at noboxes.org
Sat Feb 6 02:10:55 PST 2016

Time Sensitive (for planning) OPPORTUNITY

I am looking for someone (or 2) to do one or two presentations on synthetic population modeling or it potential related to Human Factors Engineering and/or Ergonomic at the (registration FREE) annual meeting of the DOD (+ NASA, FAA, & DHS) Human Factors Engineering Technical Advisory Group (DOD HFE TAG) meeting the week of May 9th on the NASA Langley complex in Hampton (S. East) Virginia.  Exact dates TBD.

The meeting includes SubTAG sessions including those of the Human M&S SubTAG which I Co-Chair.  There have never been any presentations on PopMod to expose HF professionals to it potential.

The TAG is a Government staff only group with non-gov participation only by invitation of the TAG President.  There is a strict "no contract marketing" rule.  However invited guest presenters are extended an invitation to attend the full week of meetings.  I suspect that it could require 2-3 days depending on how sessions are scheduled (TBD).

I live fairly close to the site and may have guest room space and local transportation available to minimize costs.

This will be the Group's 70th meeting (used to be 2x year). TAG details at:

http://www.acq.osd.mil/rd/hptb/hfetag/

I would expect at least 1, 20 min intro to SYNTHETIC (probably agent based) POPMOD and its potential for HFE research, development, or testing.  Real examples if any a +.

There is also the possibility of a 50
Min mini lesson as part of a pre-meeting M&S Workshop designed to increase gov program managers understanding of M&S.
POPMOD application in HF & Ergonomics would be new territory so pretty open to how to start.

If interested or even just curious please contact me as soon as possible by email with follow up phone call, of just call me any time 0700-2200 ET, any day  at (757) 318 0671.

John Rice
IMAG MSM Participant.
DOD HFE TAG Member Emeritus & Co-Chair for Human M&S.

Typed with two thumbs on my iPhone.

"Models play an important role in science. But despite the fact that they have generated considerable interest among philosophers, there remain significant lacunae in the philosophical understanding of what models are and how they work."
Stephan Hartmann & Roman Frigg (2005) Conclusion On Scientific Models in The Philosophy of Science: an encyclopedia. Pg 748.