[Population Modeling] Book Recommendation

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:49:29 PST 2016

Greetings to those who love to read books in this group,

You may find the following book interesting:

The Digital Patient: Advancing Healthcare, Research, and Education
edited by C. D. Combs, John A. Sokolowski, Catherine M. Banks
Wiley

Here is a link for the book in Google Books:

https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=VOJbCwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA225&ots=EO9LPGPcpA&sig=7vRYlkl4wrtGy1aA_YUwHt9aomc#v=onepage&q&f=true

Members of this group may be interested in a chapter by Pruett and Hester
titled:

Physics-based Modeling for the Physiome

This chapter has a section on population modeling. Here is a quote I found
very interesting considering members of this mailing list.

"The key development towards solving the descriptive and predictive
problems in physics based modeling in physiology has been the appearance of
population models"

Note that I recently completed some work with Drew Pruett, so my selection
of this chapter as an example is somewhat biased. Yet the book contains
other chapters by other authors that I know to advance modeling and
simulation.

I hope you find this recommendation useful.

        Jacob