[Population Modeling] Another population modeling by examples review paper

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 03:02:51 PDT 2017

Greeting Population modelers,

With sufficient number of modelers introducing themselves to the list, it
is time to assemble another review paper - the third. A few more promised
to send introductions, yet the number of introductions at you sent is
sufficient to start editing.

I would ask if there is anyone who would like to edit the paper. Switching
an editor each time allows different viewpoints of the population modeling
field. I edited the first review paper and Robert Smith? edited the second
one. It would be nice to have a different person for the third one.
Editing involves assembling the text from the contributions and taking
charge of submission and the review process. It also includes assembling a
presentation composed from contributions. And if possible it also means
presenting the paper.

I suggest BMPM track in SummerSim for as a target venue – this means that
submission will have to be done by April 17th. If anyone has another venue
in mind, please suggest now.

If there are any volunteers, please let me know before April 12th.

Again, thanks for all those who contributed introductions - we have an
interesting collection this year with many tools, which indicates that
population modeling technology is advancing.

                   Jacob