[Population Modeling] German Diabetes Model

Ogurtsova, Katherine Katherine.Ogurtsova at DDZ.UNI-DUESSELDORF.DE
Thu Feb 23 02:43:27 PST 2017

Dear the Population Modeling Working Group,

I'm a new participant here and would like to introduce myself and give you an idea about what I'm doing.

I'm working in Deutsches Diabetes Zentrum (DDZ, German Diabetes Centre) in Düsseldorf, Germany. We build a diabetes model which will be suited to German settings, reflects German healthcare system structure, and established primarily on German data where it is possible. We plan using this model for cost-effectiveness analysis of population-based prevention programs. I'm only at the start, so can't give you any particular information.

Here the web-link to our group: http://ddz.uni-duesseldorf.de/en/research-at-the-ddz/institute-for-health-services-research-and-health-economics
And DDZ: http://ddz.uni-duesseldorf.de/en/
If you read in German, you may be interested seeing the project description here: http://www.versorgungsforschung-deutschland.de/show.php?kennung=VfD_16_003785

Right now, I'm working on a systematic literature review. Here a brief description of the systematic literature review:

Topic: External validation of Type 2 diabetes models : definitions, approaches, implications and room for improvement.
Methodology: Systematic literature review
Objectives: to identify and critically appraise approaches that are used for external validation in the existing models of type 2 diabetes development and progression.
Scope of the review:
-              models of type 2 diabetes incidence and/or progression with or without  complications;
-              built on simulation techniques on organ/systems, individual or cohort level.

It would be amazing if you could criticize the idea in general, or comment on it, or send me interesting links or recent publications which you are aware about.

Thank you and hope staying in touch.

Kind regards,
Katherine

Deutsches Diabetes-Zentrum (DDZ)
Paul-Langerhans-Gruppe
für Versorgungsforschung und Gesundheitsökonomie

Dr. Katherine Ogurtsova,
Statistikerin/Modelliererin
Auf´m Hennekamp 65
40225 Düsseldorf
Germany

Tel.: +49-(0)-211-33-82-416
Mobile: +49-(0)-176-881-02-789
katherine.ogurtsova at ddz.uni-duesseldorf.de<mailto:katherine.ogurtsova at ddz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
www.ddz.uni-duesseldorf.de<http://www.ddz.uni-duesseldorf.de/>

Träger: Deutsche Diabetes-Forschungsgesellschaft e.V.