[Population Modeling] Introductory Email

Paul Grouchy pgrouchy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:41:23 PDT 2018

Hi all!

Jacob Barhak suggested that I post some of my work here. During my graduate
studies, I developed an algorithm based on Genetic Programming to evolve
systems of dynamical equations for controlling one or more agents in real
or simulated environments. The culmination of this work was our paper
entitled On the Evolutionary Origin of Symbolic Communication (
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep34615) where populations of blind but
mobile agents represented by these equations evolved a symbolic
communication scheme to help find one another so that they could mate.

A summary video of the work is here: https://youtu.be/tEbO91yNYk8

I am currently working in industry. However I am still very interested in
this type of work, and am looking forward to being a part of this mailing
list!

All the best,
Paul Grouchy, PhD