[RNABuilder-help] Re: New RNABuilder 2.0 executables

Samuel Flores samuelfloresc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 00:29:08 PDT 2010

Hi Yaqi,

You will need to change a few things to follow the POPS conventions:

1.  the single-letter residue name should be in column 20, whereas RNABuilder has that in column 18.  Just move the whole column over by two spaces without changing any of the other columns.  This can be done with a global search-replace, or in some other way depending on your text editor.
2.  You should use single-quotes rather than asterisks in atom names. For example, C1' is ok, C1* is not.  This can be fixed with a global search-replace.
3.  A different error occurs if any atoms are too close together.  This can be fixed probably by using setting "addAllHeavyAtomSterics TRUE" and running for a short time.  This will put steric spheres on all atoms except hydrogen.  It's expensive, but you may only need to run for a short time.

The  RNABuilder input file conventions have changed.  You should take a look at the RNABuilder 2.0 tutorial, which is available on the Downloads page.  If you have any trouble you can send me the new contacts.dat file and I can help you update it so it runs with RNABuilder 2.0.

Sam