[RNABuilder-help] Re: Compiling RNABuilder

Samuel Flores samuelfloresc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 04:06:54 PDT 2010

Hi Kristian,

This error message is telling you that you need to set removeRigidBodyMomentum to false:

removeRigidBodyMomentum False

.. sometime before you issue the constraint command.

The error message is perhaps a bit deceptive.  You did not explicitly set removeRigidBodyMomentum True, that is simply the default and the error message does not discriminate between those two cases.

I don't recommend compiling from source, it's a bit tedious and usually I do it when the user and I are in the same room or logged into the same computer.  I just put up RNABuilder 2.1 binaries for Linux a minute ago, and could do the same for Snow Leopard, if you are using those operating systems.  Windows will probably have to wait until January when I go back to visit Stanford.

What are you using RNABuilder for, if it's not confidential?  I will be happy to provide advice.  Also, I'm now based in Europe and would be happy to think about setting up a workshop if you know a few people that would participate.

Sam