[Vp-integration-subgroup] [Vp-reproduce-subgroup] White paper revision

James Osborne jmosborne at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Aug 17 00:21:24 PDT 2021

Just to clarify the versions were talking about...

Here is the original submitted version that was rejected by the editor
without review.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IMEgmdNkx-EsnOjGuegpenSIMmKIkK00Lc8Gred3QxM/edit

Here's the version we've been working on
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VvyP3YZQdQYjj8DFKOpQ4pn_0pdDGgiT/edit?amp%3Bpli=1

Even in this state, I think it stands a better chance than the previously
submitted one as if you remove all the comments and highlighting it's a
cleaner story. This was a big issue with the original version and I don't
think it's appropriate to resubmit anywhere without looking at this.
The issue is that it will take a concerted effort to polish this updated
version. Even sorting the references is non trivial.
I think the only way of this happening is for a "First Author" to step
forward and take the lead.  They push work on the changes and chase people
as needed but in return they get first/senior/corresponding authorship as
appropriate.

James