[Vp-integration-subgroup] Recap from joint meeting regarding the white paper

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:11:01 PST 2021

Greetings to the subgroups, and especially to the white paper contributors,

The first draft of the integrated white paper of the model reproducibility,
credibility and standardization subgroup and the integration subgroup is
available here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IMEgmdNkx-EsnOjGuegpenSIMmKIkK00Lc8Gred3QxM/edit?usp=sharing

Your contributions were edited as best I could. You will find a summary of
the difficulties and solutions in Table1. However, I suggest that all
contributors read through the entire paper and answer the following.

1. Do you feel comfortable being listed as a contributor to the composed
version? I will need an OK from every contributor to release the paper for
publication. And please let me know if I forgot someone by mistake. I did
my best to go through all versions and correspondence, yet I may have
missed someone. Also, it will help if you send me your current affiliations
when you approve.

2. Is there anything wrong in the text - please do not add anything else -
we had plenty of time for additions - what I am asking is review of
accuracy - and this includes typing errors. Please no more suggestions
related to style or rephrasing - only accuracy.

3. If you have a conflict of interest, please report it so I can add it to
the paper. If you are unsure, please download the form from this link
http://icmje.org/downloads/coi_disclosure.zip and then fill in the
questions and press the generate button - it will create the COI disclosure
text for you.

Since there are many contributors, I will ask everyone to be as tolerant as
possible and limit your correspondence to answering those questions. If you
look at the edit history, and the length of the paper, you will understand
it is not trivial to make more changes, so limit your answers to what is
absolutely necessary.

If we cannot reach consensus, the paper will be reopened, yet since I tried
not to delete any contributions and just merge and blend paragraphs, I hope
you will find it in order.

      Jacob