[Vp-integration-subgroup] [EXT] Re: [Vp-reproduce-subgroup] White paper submission - vote for venue

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Fri May 7 11:08:53 PDT 2021

Thanks William,

You show that there are open access fees - my impression was that this
journal does not have charges from the text here:
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/rsif/for-authors
"J. R. Soc. Interface does not have page or colour charges."

Also I noticed that it allows submission through BioRxiv and use of
figshare, so I assumed it is possible to send a paper there without fees
and it later gets distributed. I am not sure about PubMed, yet I assumed
there are preprints. However, I may have been mistaken so correction is
needed.

Anyway, since you corrected me, and since I recall that the group asked for
open access journal, and since there seems to be a fee on every journal, I
will switch my vote to :
2. Nature -  Scientific Reports

Since I am the only one who voted for that - if it comes to that and if it
is accepted, I will cover publication fees.

Thank you for the correction.

             Jacob