[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] Simulation Standards

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:15:38 PDT 2021

Thank you Katherine for reaching out to us,

This subgroup will benefit from educating us with standards.- there is a
lot we can benefit from.

James Glazier has just mentioned in the working group Webinar that he
reached out to you - please look for his email in your personal mailbox.

If I understand his intentions correctly he wants to invite you to give a
talk in the webinar series that includes the larger working group - the one
that includes this smaller subgroup that you mailed to.

You can find previous webinars in this link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuDFvhgFziRRDcpRnT3vlrw

As you can see, the topic of standards will be different from topics that
we covered in the past - yet I think that it is an important one.

There are multiple groups that develop useful specifications and try to
integrate models, yet are unaware of issues that happen when you try to
formalize the work and standardize it. I hope you can share some of the
experience you had with specific examples you experienced and explain how
those were solved. Even the anecdotes I heard talked about in SISO would be
helpful to educate people.

I personally am interested in the units of measure issue in healthcare -
something as simple as units of measure is far from being standardized in
the healthcare community, which implies that models built on such data are
non standardized - I assume you resolved this problem in your domain.
Perhaps you can comment on this topic.

If any one else has a standardization topic they are interested in, I
suggest they take the advantage and ask the question in this forum and
perhaps Katherine can share her knowledge.

Hopefully you can help us in this mailing list or perhaps in a talk you
schedule with James to the larger working group. Yet even a review of
standards would be highly beneficial to us.

            Jacob