[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] Unit standardization section

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 03:24:17 PST 2021

Hi Hana,

You and I are the main people contributing to the unit standardization
section in the paper, therefore we should try to answer reviewer 2.
Here is the review:

"
Unit standardization: The conversion from PFU or TCID50 to individual
virions is likely to differ across viruses – are the authors focused on
COVID here? Are the authors advocating for a standard conversion factor? It
is not clear what the purpose of this discussion is. As the authors
mention, different scales require different units. Even at a single scale,
different models may require different units for numerical reasons. It is
not clear what the authors are advocating for here.
"

I think reviewer is asking for clarity what we are suggesting as a solution
- I believe that units should be well standardized so a machine will be
able to comprehend those - this is why I started ClinicalUnitMapping.Com

I think the reviewer is asking for a proposed solution the problem you
write about - will a tool such as ClinicalUnitMapping.Com help resolve your
problem if it reaches maturity or do you have other solutions in mind we
can propose to answer the reviewer?

If you wish to discuss more details, I will be happy to virtually meet

             Jacob