[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] Fwd: Shayn Peirce-Cottler via Frontiers: Manuscript

John Gennari gennari at uw.edu
Mon Oct 18 21:06:00 PDT 2021

Jacob (et al):

Just to respond to the one point directed at me in your email:

On 10/18/2021 8:51 PM, Jacob Barhak wrote:
> Greetings white paper contributors,
>
> Below is .....
>
> Alex, John, Sheriff, you had other versions you created, I want to
> merge some of your changes to the manuscript in this version - here
> are my suggestions:
>
> - John - I will 1) merge the credibility sections , 2) delete the
> history related to the working group since it matches with what was
> requested, and 3) move the model validation barrier section away from
> the table since we did not suggest a solution there.  Hopefully this
> will make the paper more appealing to you and you will be willing to
> add your name to the list

That's great. I'm glad to see the paper moving forward (at least a bit).
I'm especially glad to hear you plan on deleting the history/working
group section, as that really confused me.

However, I will still decline to be a co-author at this stage. To be
clear, I'm giving you all permission to publish what little I may have
contributed to this paper. It might be appropriate for me to be
mentioned in the acknowledgements. However, I do not have the time to be
a co-author on this paper at this time.

Thanks!

-John G.