[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] [Vp-integration-subgroup] Shayn Peirce-Cottler via Frontiers: Manuscript

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 01:40:33 PDT 2021

Hi Eric,

You are the last one I remember who wanted to edit. Please check the
manuscript
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IMEgmdNkx-EsnOjGuegpenSIMmKIkK00Lc8Gred3QxM/edit?usp=sharing

I finished editing the references and am almost ready for transformation to
match the guidelines.  I finished addressing the editor requesting for
removal of bullet points everywhere but the stochastic section .

I ask that you do not add any more references and focus only on text in the
stochastic section. Handling the references took about 4 hours alone and
still needs inspection.

However, I will appreciate help with minor proofs - I made significant
changes so there is a chance for typos still.  Some of the changes have
been made after more than 12 hours of consecutive work. So polish will help
- yet no more major changes.

The tasks left to do are:
- Ask John Gennari to inspect the paper again - it has major
contributions from his version and he should join the authors list - I must
be ask again
- Finish the edits to the stochastic section - Eric - you asked for this
- Finish formatting to fit the Journal guidelines
- Add a cover letter and split the paper into sections to be uploaded to
the journal web site
- Approve the version with all authors - we must do this again and get full
approval - this may take a while
- Determine who else wants to be listed as corresponding author - currently
I marked Marcell and myself, yet others may want to correspond.
- Upload the paper to the journal submission system

I hope for no obstacles and full cooperation to make the process smooth.

                     Jacob

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 9:08 PM Jacob Barhak <jacob.barhak at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> should not cause any conflict. However, Eric, please be careful when
>>> editing the stochastic section. Pease look at the comments Hana and I
>>> exchanged. I am also adding the chat between us so it will be easier on you:
>>>
>>> "
>>> Hi Hana
>>> Can you see the chat?
>>> I can. There's just a lot going on around here right now, so I'm not
>>> fast with typing
>>> I put the references in the comments, can you see them?
>>> Yes I See them - yet you will have to ensure that this is your text -
>>> you see, you copied text from a document where we do not have contributor
>>> history - this was the main issue - so you will have not to prove this was
>>> your text and only your text -  this is the problem I am faced with - I
>>> have to establish tracability - in this document I know you added the text
>>> - yet I cannot verify that you did not include text from anonymous since I
>>> already concluded you added text from Alex - this is how I stumbled on this
>>> - I apologize yet I really am serious about tracing back authorship..
>>> And thanks fro helping
>>> If you want, you can join jitsi:
>>> https://meet.jit.si/CollaborativePaperEditing   and we can chat using
>>> voice
>>> I just saw your comment - it is public confirmation - this is good
>>> enough  thank you
>>> The first two paragraphs are from the original paper. The third
>>> paragraph is from Alex. The last two are mine. It looks like someone (other
>>> than me) italicized the in vitro and in vivo and changed the verb on the
>>> "Even data that are..." (I had is), but everything else is mine.
>>> If you can modify things to the original version you added - it will be
>>> better - if someone manipulated the text I want to remove it - even if it
>>> is small changes
>>> I know you're trying to get things done today, but I'll be out tonight,
>>> so if anything else comes up, I probably won't get to it until the morning.
>>> Well, "are" is the correct verb there, so that should probably stay. I
>>> can remove the italicization.
>>> Do not worry - I am making good progress and may not need help until I
>>> am done - I appreciate the help and the fact you are working on it over the
>>> weekend -  I will later also make this chat public for transparency.  I do
>>> believe you have contributed a lot to this paper - its not the first time
>>> you are going over it - I can only thank you .
>>> the are was my change today I believe so its not a problem - yet google
>>> suggests is instead I guess is and are both acceptable with data ....
>>> nevermind that.
>>> "
>>>
>>> I did my best to keep all ideas and other texts intact and there are
>>> many comments to mark changes  - the paper became longer, yet not too much
>>> and I feel it is still reasonable .
>>>
>>> I am now moving to the next part of complying with the requests of the
>>> 1) Determine authorship
>>> 2) Converging format to journal guidelines - this also means references
>>> 3) Detach from group - some elements already marked