[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] [Vp-integration-subgroup] Shayn Peirce-Cottler via Frontiers: Manuscript

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 22:28:31 PDT 2021

Greetings paper contributors,

You will find the paper in advanced form. Here it is again:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IMEgmdNkx-EsnOjGuegpenSIMmKIkK00Lc8Gred3QxM/edit?usp=sharing

I believe I finished most of the necessary for submission/ I added a
 "Contribution to the Field Statement". You will find it at the end of the
paper. I am including it here for your convenience:

Contribution to the Field Statement
Biological computational models have reuse and reproducibility issues  The
paper covers the problem from a wide perspective of a large group of
modelers It reviews the issues and separates them into a list of
difficulties that start from reproducibility, reduce credibility, and
eventually hinder reuse. There are many publications that point out the
scientific reproducibility crisis. However, the main contribution of this
review paper is that it also provides possible insights for solutions and
focuses specifically on Biological computational models and multiscale
problems. Perhaps the most important artifact in the paper is that it is
summarized in one table. Many details are provided, including reference to
real world examples. This paper can be easily reused by a policy holder or
by a modeler as a checklist to better plan research and avoid pitfalls.

If anyone wants to fix this text, please do this inside the paper

I suggest we submit this paper as a Review paper. you will find other
possible article types here:
https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/systems-biology#article-types

Here is the TODO list towards submission:
- Wait for John Gennari to decide if he wants to join - I asked multiple
times already and hope he will join and take responsibility as an author -
here is explanation what this means:
https://www.frontiersin.org/about/policies-and-publication-ethics

- Proof read the paper - I will do this this week once more from start to
finish to find errors, I will appreciate another eye - especially verifying
that the references are correct after edits

- Double check formatting to fit the Journal guidelines:
https://www.frontiersin.org/about/author-guidelines

- Approve the version with all authors - we must do this again and get full
approval - this may take a while - yet I suggest you all read
https://www.frontiersin.org/about/policies-and-publication-ethics

- Determine who else wants to be listed as corresponding author - currently
I marked Marcell and myself, yet others may want to correspond.

- Split the paper into files to be uploaded to the journal web site and go
over the submission checklist:
https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/systems-biology/sections/data-and-model-integration#submission-checklist

- Upload the paper to the journal submission system

I will appreciate help in some stages, yet the main stage I will need our
help with is the approval stage - so please stage reviewing the paper now
to make sure you are ok with the text you will be signed on.

I expect finishing all the elements by next week and ask for your approval.
Hopefully you will all find this in good form.

                           Jacob