[Zephyr-users] Zephyr on Windows7

Daniel Gurnon danielgurnon at depauw.edu
Fri May 21 14:39:24 PDT 2010

Hello,
I recently installed Zephyr on both Vista64 and a Windows7-64 machines, and
although the program seems to be working, I'm not able to take advantage of
GPU computation; I get the message "Reverting to Reference Platform. You
asked for GPU OpenMM nVidia. Inspect log for details."

I might not be looking in the right place, but the log didn't seem to give
any details on the error. Both systems have the appropriate software (CUDA
2.3 tools and associated driver). The Vista computer is equipped with a
Quadro FX 380, the Windows 7 machine has a GeForce 9600 GT. Both cards
should work I think.

I know Zephyr was designed to work in this way with XP. Is that the problem
here? Has anyone gotten GPU computation to work in Windows 7? Windows 7 can
also run Zephyr in XP mode through virtual PC, but that didn't solve the
problem for me. Has it worked for anyone else? I don't want to have to set
up a dual boot if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Dan

--