[Campaign-news] New k-centers

whsu at sfsu.edu whsu at sfsu.edu
Thu Feb 11 12:34:29 PST 2010

Hi Kai (and Marc),

Played with the new commits a little bit... a couple little comments...

In the kcentersGPU Makefile, the uncommented CXXFLAGS line point to
Kai's home directory. It compiles fine once I switch back to the line
that was commented out.

In kcentersGPU.cu, in main(), the filename argument for the readData()
call is hardcoded. The code works for N200K10D5.dat, but complains for
the other data file:

****

Error in dataIO::readFile(): can only read floating point numbers
                              Please check parameters and file format
Data clusters:
Error in printClusters(). Dimension < 1 not permitted in this universe

****

I can hack it to allow the user to specify a command line argument for
the filename. Should I?

Finally, it still mysteriously refuses to be profiled. It seems to run
fine, over several runs (as it's supposed to), then I get this message:

     Error in reading profiler output

I'll poke around the documentation some more later today.

Bill